Thursday, September 14, 2006

Competition is it worth it?


Why do schools have to be so competive? Why does everyone care about winning? How does something that you would think would not be a sport like competition become one just so people can say they are the best and #1? Why must we win tech olympics again and again and again. How did tech turn into a sport but not get the pe credit? For me I love tech it is my life, my dream, my goal but really what will it do for me? This is my first year not actually being a important part of the team. I am only a jr. yes but even in jr.high orem high came and asked me to be on the team and i was team captain of orem highs team last year but now here at mountain view i am only the alternate? He tells me i must be better then everyone on the team at there events but i am the smallest one and have to learn every event and be just as good or better. They are all specialests and get to only work on that event. is it really worth it to be to fall behind and stress out lose sleep and get sick just to make criman happy? Well anyways from this i know i am getting lots of good experience and confidence but i am kinda scared what is going to happen when we are down there. i guess the answer to my questions is that with out having something to get out of it like a trophy or experience what are we all really going to learn from it. High school is about meeting new people, discovering your self, learning, and kicking the other teams butt just cause you know you can!

No comments: